Make an impact while jump-starting your management career at GEICO! If you are interested in a fast-track development program that will utilize your degree and enhance your leadership ability within a multi-billion dollar company, our Emerging Leaders Program may be just what you are looking for.
Job Duties & Responsibilities As an Emerging Leader in the business operations track, you will have opportunities to make real contributions to GEICO’s bottom line. You’ll work one-on-one with a mentor and interact with senior executives. We’ll teach you the ins and outs of our industry-leading company and support your professional development while you gain hands-on leadership experience. Throughout your program, you will experience various aspects of our operations including sales, customer service, claims, underwriting, and strategic planning. A typical day will depend on the discipline in which you are currently working. To learn the positions you may one day manage, each rotation will teach you something new. Sales will show you what it takes to sell a GEICO policy and you will produce rate quotes and sell products after completing training and obtaining your insurance license. Customer Service will teach you how we keep millions of policyholders satisfied and what makes our service associates remarkable. During the claims rotation, you will learn to investigate minor and major accidents, identify fraud, and manage risk. Each rotation includes a chance to job shadow, develop your coaching and supervisory skills, and work on special projects. When you successfully finish your program, you’ll be ready for a future with enormous potential! Our goal is to place you in a position of significant responsibility within our business operations. Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field (finance, accounting, economics, risk management, management, etc.)
- 3.5+ cumulative GPA; you will be required to provide undergraduate transcripts with GPA to be considered for this position
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience and desire to manage others
- You must move to and work from one of the following locations: Woodbury, NY; Buffalo, NY; Fredericksburg, VA; Virginia Beach, VA; Macon, GA; Lakeland, FL; Dallas, TX; Tucson, AZ; and San Diego, CA.
- Permanent U.S. work authorization required; current and/or future sponsorship is not available
About GEICOFor more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays, and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to ApplyClick "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Upload your resume, cover letter and college transcripts (official or unofficial, including transfer credits), preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Location/Region: Woodbury, NY (US)