Payne’s Parking Design’s, Inc.
"Traffic Line & Signs"
Payne’s Parking Design’s and its affiliate Traffic Safety Supplies of Virginia is seeking a qualified individual for its Corporate Controller. Payne’s Parking Designs and Traffic Safety Supplies are industry leaders in Highway Traffic Safety Construction. This position is located at our corporate headquarters in Bealeton,Virginia.
Reporting to the Owners and the COO, the Controller candidate should be a hands-on, player/coach leader who will manage the accounting department and be a business partner across the company through a period of transition and strong growth. The Controller will actively plan and lead the day-to-day accounting department activities including financial closing and reporting, consolidations, internal control systems, budgeting, and other financial operational aspects of the business. The ideal candidate must have public accounting and audit experience, an active CPA license or ability to test for, and at least 5 years in the controllership or lead accounting role with an established Private Equity backed business. In addition, the ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of experience in leadership roles in accounting, external financial reporting, designing and implementing internal controls, accounting for multiple holdings
• Provide financial accounting leadership and daily direction in accordance with the overall strategic direction of the Company.
• Prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement packages, ensuring timeliness and accuracy and ensure prompt financial statement reporting to senior management, owners and lenders.
• Oversee the accounting operations including financial closing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, financial reporting, tax, and payroll.
• Act as the company’s GAAP expert, ensuring compliance with all financial reporting regulations.
• Maintain chart of accounts.
• Review and approve monthly account reconciliations and weekly/monthly journal postings and accruals, ensuring accuracy and proper support.
• Oversee the Company’s annual financial audit and lead relationship with auditors and tax advisors.
• Identify and communicate opportunities for change to improve internal controls, policies, and procedures to streamline operations and provide superior financial and operational reporting.
• Ensure proper accounting and operational controls are met by periodic testing.
• Oversee banking relationship and covenant compliance and reporting.
• Maintain documented system of accounting policies.
• Ensure debt and accounts payable disbursements are accurate and completed on a timely basis.
• Ensure compliance with reporting requirements for internal and external parties.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business.
• Minimum 8 years of progressive accounting experience.
• Experienced with construction or industrial operating companies.
• Excellent financial reporting skills, including variance discussion and analysis.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in staff development and team building.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and experience with QuickBooks’s Enterprise and POS. Knowledge of Foundations Operating Systems a plus.
Please apply by sending resume with cover letter to: HR@payneslinesandsigns.com
Payne’s Parking Designs and Traffic Safety Supplies of Virginia are equal opportunity employers. Minorities and Women are encouraged to apply. M/F/D/V
Location/Region: Bealeton, VA (US - 22712)