VCU Health System
VCU Health System’s Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU, Fredericksburg is seeking a full time LPN. This person commences to integrate technical skills and theoretical knowledge to meet the needs of the patient and family. Assists the health care team with the prevention of illness and injury, maintenance of wellness, and provision of comfort. Provides direction, education, and begins to assume leadership responsibilities at the unit level. Delivers and accurately documents direct, age-specific care to a patient or group of patients based on medical orders and an integrated, multidisciplinary plan of care. Safely administers prescribed medications, identifying incompatibilities and/or interactions.
***LPN position to support our Multispecialty clinic newly built in Fredericksburg. This position will support 16 specialties.
- Follows documented physician/licensed independent provider orders, standards, and practice guidelines such as treatments and organizes work to carry out assignment.
- Licensed Practical Nurses work all three shifts, weekends and holidays. Individual shift rotation and schedules will be established with your specific Nurse Manager/Practice Manager. Schedules, including requirements of shift rotations and hours of work may be adjusted as necessary to meet unit requirements and/or as needed.
- Graduate from a Board of Nursing approved School of Practical Nursing
- Current LPN Licensure in Virginia
- AHA BLS Certification or equivalent
- Pediatric experience is preferred.
- Experience as a LPN in either an acute care setting or as applicable to area of practice
At VCU Health System, our most important assets are not bricks and mortar; they are our team members … all 12,000+ of them. Our workforce is diverse, dedicated and talented. Our team members continue to earn local, regional and national awards and accolades, which is an indicator that they are happy and feel supported working here. And our culture of STAR Service focuses on our common purpose – “Our Caring Service Begins With Me.” – in the provision of the highest level of customer service, which encourages diversity and inclusion.
If you have been looking to take your career to the next level, we have been looking for you. We offer more than 400 work/life benefits including competitive pay, generous benefits, flexible work options, prepaid tuition, on-site child and elder care and much, much more.
For a full position description and to apply visit: www.vcuhealth.org/careers
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. VCUHS appreciates diversity and encourages women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
Location/Region: Fredericksburg, VA