Ready to make an impact? If so, read on! Our insurance products are used every day by millions of drivers, boaters and motorcycle riders. You can’t see or touch our product, but it’s something that provides us all with peace of mind.
This career track is well suited for economics, finance and mathematics majors.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
“At GEICO, analytics are fundamental to making critical business decisions. Analytics have been and continue to be GEICO’s hallmark in the competitive auto insurance industry. This is a unique opportunity to utilize your analytical and problem-solving skills to help shape GEICO’s competitive position by not only identifying the problems but also recommending the solutions.
As a Product Strategy Analyst, you’ll directly contribute to GEICO’s overall growth and profitability by utilizing predictive analytics to help evaluate factors that will enhance our line of insurance products. In this role, you will assist in the development of state product strategies by analyzing key performance indicators to draw data-driven conclusions on ways to improve our product offerings. A typical day may include using various programming languages to analyze sales and profit data, monitoring GEICO’s competitive position, and presenting strategic business proposals to senior management. This will be a highly visible position as you will have the opportunity to frequently collaborate with various departments including Marketing, Sales, Underwriting Research, Modeling, and Actuary.”
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
Candidate Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree in a business or quantitative field
• Must have at least a 3.0 overall GPA
• Understanding of business practices
• Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership potential
• Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel
• High level of dependability
• Preference is given to candidates with related work or internship experience Must be willing and able to commute or relocate. This position is located in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
This is your first step to becoming a GEICO leader through exposure to real-life business decisions that affect the company’s success!
Please upload a resume, cover letter and all unofficial transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) when submitting your application for review.
Entry level salary starting in the low to mid $60K range gdoorit About GEICO For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years. #LI-POST1
Location/Region: Chevy Chase, MD