Job Duties & Responsibilities GEICO is looking for bright, driven college seniors and graduates to join our accelerated Management Development Program in the Auto Damage adjuster track. The goal of this 1.5 - 2 year* management training program is to develop future business leaders to help us continue on our path of steady growth, profitability and success.
As a management trainee, you will learn all about what makes GEICO one of the largest and the fastest growing auto insurers in the U.S. You will be provided a solid foundation for leading a team of auto damage insurance adjusters, who serve as the "face of GEICO" to more than 12 million customers.
In this development program, you will:
- Attend industry-leading training in Virginia and learn all about vehicle damage caused by accidents, the weather and other natural disasters.
- Gain hands-on customer service experience and build credibility by doing the job you’ll one day manage
- Be mentored by successful GEICO managers
- Build your ability to motivate, inspire and develop a team through our comprehensive supervisor preparation curriculum, development seminars and management forums
- Coach insurance adjusters and demonstrate your team management skills
- Work on real life business projects and make meaningful contributions
- Demonstrate your ability to achieve top results
This program is your first step toward building a rewarding career with GEICO. If you are intellectually curious and driven to be the best, there are no limits to the opportunity for you to advance your career here.
Nearly 80% of our management team started their GEICO careers in an entry level position; including our CEO. It’s up to you how far you’ll go at GEICO!
* Progression through the program is based upon performance.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or a related field
- At least a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA
- Demonstrated leadership experience on campus, within the community and/or at work
- Availability to attend an extensive, 12-week paid training program that includes 4 weeks at our facility in Ashburn, VA
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong communication, relationship building and organizational skills
- Good driving record and mechanical aptitude
- U.S. work authorization; sponsorship is not available for this program
About GEICO For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
Location/Region: Fairfax, VA