The Warrenton Training Center is seeking experienced firefighters/medics. Qualified candidates will be expected to combat, control, and extinguish fires, and must be able to perform rescue and salvage operations. Candidates must be able to administer medical aid and assist with containment of hazardous material spills.
Competitive candidates must be US citizens, at least 21 years of age, and will be required to successfully complete a thorough and extensive background investigation.
Firefighters work 24-hour shifts resulting in a 72-hour work week. Firefighters are expected to work overtime when needed and to be on-call during off duty hours in the event of an emergency. Salary Range: Starting at $80,000/annual.
Candidates must have:
- 5 years’ experience as an active member of an organized Fire/EMS Department
- Valid Motor Driver’s License
- Certifications in: Firefighter Professional Level I and II (NPFA 1001); Emergency Vehicle Operations Course and Driver Orientation (NFPA 1002)
- EMT-Intermediate minimum requirement, Paramedic strongly preferred. All out of state EMS certifications will be required to obtain reciprocity through Virginia Office of Emergency Medical Services upon hire.
- Hazardous Materials Operations Level Certification (NFPA 472), Technician Level preferred
- Basic Pump Operator – DPO preferred
- Knowledge of building construction, firefighting equipment various means of combating fires, and medic experience.
- Computer skills and strong interpersonal skills
- All fire/technical rescue certifications must be PRO Board or IFSAC recognized
Please include copies of certifications with resume and mail to the following address or email address. Any applicant that does not include copies of certifications will not be considered.
or The Warrenton Training Center
PO Box 700, Warrenton, VA 20188